„Riveting nuts or traditional cage nuts are cumbersome to mount and require special tools, leading to a tedious installation process and much frustration.That’s why we have developed a little product with a large effect. Our new cage nut can be mounted without tools from the front just as well as from the back.“
Application in diverse fields
Cage and riveting nuts are necessary anywhere metal sheets need to be bound together.
Particularly the 19” technology offers a wide range of applications. It is here extremely important that the cage nuts result in a convenient and secure binding.
Cage and riveting nuts are used in mechanical engineering and in the construction of enclosures, as well.
The majority of solutions available on the market are mounted in the cutout from behind, mostly involving the use of tools. In a fully loaded enclosure, in particular, this often makes it very difficult to change the arrangement of the devices.
An innovation for convenience, stability, versatility and security
The new cage nuts are very easy to install as well as to dismantle.
- No over-twisting during dismantling by the bolt to be removed in the metal sheet
- Moveable nut: easy to twist the screw without tilting
- Cage made of PA is flexible and thus easy to install
- Can be installed in the cutout without tools from the front as well as from behind
- Suitable for high tightening torque and high tensile forces of up to 8 nm*
- Nut is double-symmetrical
- Pre-assembly easily and without error
- PA cage: No damage to the coating
The steel nut, able to be moved axially, provides for the highest level of stability and optimal joining of the metal sheets.
- Secure fit of the cage in the cutout through protruding square
- Impossible to over-twist nut and cage
- Nut is embedded in the protruding square of the cage and secured against twisting
Possible to use for various applications due to its large clamping range.
- Clamping range 1 - 4 mm
- Standard cutout 9,5 mm
- UL94-listed and thus usable internationally
- Available in various thread sizes (e.g. M6, 1/4” UNC)
Advantages in comparison
|Riveting nut||Traditional cage nut||New DIRAK cage nut|
|Installation from the front and from behind||no||no||yes|
|Several thread sizes in one cage||no||no||yes|
|Nut secured against over-twisting||insecure||yes||yes|
Cage: PA, black
Nut: Steel, zinc plated
- For cutouts 9.5 mm and 9.2 mm
- Clamping range 1 - 4 mm
- Moveable nut: easy to twist the bolt without tilting
- Installation from the front as well as from behind
- Tool-less installation
- For the secure joining of metal sheets
Cages and nuts are packed individually. In accordance with this, please order both part numbers.
2: Nut M6
3: Nut 1/4"UNC
Further variations, thread sizes and nuts in PA upon request
DIRAK Dieter Ramsauer
Königsfelder Straße 1
Tel.: +49 (0) 2333 / 837-0
Fax: +49 (0) 2333 / 837-103
Entered in the trade register
Commercial Register AG Hagen,
Sales Tax ID Number (VAT No.)
DE 261 585 314
Last update: June 2014